Thursday, August 27, 2009

You'll never believe what we ate for dinner last night. . . . Pizza! And not China's version of pizza with banana chips and clam sauce. But American style with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and pepperoni! It was so yummy and so greasy! But SO glorious! It was Chinese lovers day so our head teacher, Jeshua, bought a bouquet of flowers so each of us got a flower. So I'm set. I have a flower and two slices of left over pizza.

We also got to play with the kids yesterday and I made a few things to teach with. I'm nervous to start teaching. I have to plan five lessons tonight. All I can think about is when I would help you teach your sunbeams when I would come home for the weekends. You were so good with the kids. You knew the things that it would take to keep their attention, like the time you made little footprints for them to follow. I hope I can be as good as you. So far I have a few ideas of things to make with them. For the first month I'll be teaching arts and crafts. I'm hoping that won't be too hard.

I miss you, Dad. I'm reading the Book of Mormon for the virtue value in hopes to have it finished by the time I get home. I'm trying to read them like you. Notice the things like 'barges again!' I'm keeping a journal so I'll let you know if I discover anything cool. I love you so much, Daddy! Give mom a big kiss.



This one is of me on Victoria's peak- the highest peak that overlooks Hong Kong. There are high rises everywhere!!! it's insane!




This one is of me and Lauren on the sleeper bus.


The last one is looking into our apartment on the fifth floor.





2 comments:

  1. This is great. I love the pictures. I took two boxes to UPS today--about 80 pounds. They're going to send them as soon as they figure out how, at least that's what Eugene said. They may get to you and need some money for customs/duties but each box was valued at only $100 each so it should not be much for the duty. I love you so much. Hang in there. Some good food is in those boxes. Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I love pizza! I love your pictures too and hearing about all of your adventures! You'll be so great at teaching those kids!

    ReplyDelete