Friday, August 28, 2009

It's official. I can live anywhere now. Almost. Maybe. Okay, so maybe I won't get ahead of myself. But I see the world with new eyes now. Not everywhere in the world is like Utah or the places we've been to on vacation. We are so lucky to live where we are. I almost feel like Bart in France with the five floor walk up and the extreme heat. Now that I know just how different a place can be from home, I think I'd be more okay with living in another place. I'm really enjoying it. Playing charades is a daily routine and can be quite fun! Sweating buckets is also a daily. I thought I perspired a lot in Cancun. Nope. My skin is almost at least moist if not drowning in sweat all the time. Which means I stink pretty much all the time! I used to be able to make an undershirt last at least two days in Utah. Not here. And, Dad, you'd be proud of me. Instead of showering when I feel dirty, well, I still do that, but it's everyday now because I really am dirty everyday!

Oh oh oh! Last night we were playing with the kids so that they'd be comfortable with us this morning when we were recording the TV commercial, and when they said what we were trying to get them to say, I would give them a high five like you would give us when we were little!!! I had totally forgotten about it until now! You, know? The way you would hold our little hand still in your much larger more calloused hand and give us several high fives really quickly? That one!!! I felt so big and grown up, oddly enough. I can't wait to have kids and have them get to know their Grandpa Christoffersen through the silly things you do that have rubbed off on me. And then when they see you they'll understand.

Back to China. Yesterday, we went into town to Trustmart. I don't know if I told you about it, but it's pretty much our favorite place!! It has saved our lives on several occasions. We found peanut butter, honey and bananas there and would make sandwiches. We bought almonds so we wouldn't have to have any of the funky meat here for protein. It's been interesting. They also have every flavor chip. Tomato flavor, chicken flavor, kiwi, lychee, mango. It's been fun seeing which one of the odd flavor choices they offer is the best.

We just barely got back from a noodle place. The people who were in charge of the commercial decided to take us out to eat as a thank you. It was one of the better places we've been, but still different. We had some pretty good noodles, spicy beef, orange beef, fish, corn, and this funny stringy, leafy, green vegetable we see everywhere. It could be really good if they prepared it a different way. Right now, it's okay.

On our way back to the school there was a naked man walking down the middle of the street. We saw his rear end. He was surprisingly calm. Like Jeffery Chaucer in A Knight's Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment